Sunday 13 April 2008

Royal botanic gardens

I had my lunch at the Botanic Gardens today. There is a nice cafe there, where I have had tea and cake on many an occasion. I was pleased to notice today though, that there was sign advertising that they do their best to local, seasonal produce in their cooking, which is great! I had braised beef, which came with dumplings, potatoes, carrots and green beans and it was really tasty. I do wonder how much of it was locally produced, it was very busy so I decided not to ask them. But, it's good to see that they are at least supporting local producers on paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really a comment on the article, more a comment on the tag status. I note with interest that the only topics with more the 2 tags are cheese and wine :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.